Sunday, July 10, 2011

Keep it Moving

It's been a period of constant transition for the last year. I've been unable to set up shop for very long because we keep having to up and move. I'd planned this time to stay here for at least a year, but here we are again in a position where we need to move. The current living arrangement has failed to work as intended and I have to give up my two car garage, my huge office and my new garden space that's full of vegetable plants. I'm really bummed out!

So we're looking at places somewhere outside Vancouver. A couple look promising, but no concrete plans as of yet. One little place on an acre in Orchards is particularly interesting, but it has no garage or basement. I could build a cheap out building made of Plastic and cattle panel for a greenhouse and a shop.

The good news is, I have done the research and can now build a large castable kiln for a few hundred bucks. I'll be building the arch frames and ramming my mom's oven by the end of the month.

The bad news is the move is going to cost me all my student loan money and I'll likely lose all my vegetable crops when I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment